Biothera to Introduce Wellmune WGP® at the
Institute of Food Technologists’ 2007 Annual Meeting & Food Expo
EAGAN, MN – July 26, 2007 – Biothera will introduce Wellmune WGP®, a natural functional food and beverage ingredient clinically proven to enhance key immune responses, at the Institute of Food Technologists’ (IFT) 2007 Annual Meeting & Food Expo July 28-August 1 in Chicago. Biothera’s IFT booth is #4227.
Wellmune WGP engages the body’s natural defenses to promote health, wellness and vitality. Numerous clinical and preclinical studies demonstrate that Wellmune wgp activates key human immune cells, including macrophages and neutrophils, to more quickly recognize and kill foreign challenges. More than a dozen peer-reviewed science and medical journals have published research on the safety and efficacy of Wellmune WGP over the past several years.
“Wellmune WGP meets the growing demand from food manufacturers and consumers for natural ingredients with real immune health benefits that are backed by credible science and safe for daily consumption,” said Richard G. Mueller, Biothera president and chief executive officer. “A number of major food and beverage companies in the U.S. and worldwide have already expressed significant interest in our technology and Wellmune WGP.”
Wellmune WGP Benefits
Wellmune WGP is:
- Designed to engage the body’s natural defenses to protect against a wide range of challenges.
- Proven to activate innate immune cells to more quickly recognize and kill foreign intruders, resulting in a more complete immune response.
- Demonstrated safe and effective in numerous peer-reviewed clinical and preclinical studies.
- GRAS-approved (Generally Recognized As Safe) under the provisions of U.S. Food and Drug Administration 21CFR170.35. Wellmune WGP can be taken daily.
- GMO-free, Kosher and nonallergenic.
- Available as a soluble and insoluble powder for ease of formulation in a wide range of foods and beverages, including clear liquids.
- Characterized by its pleasant sensory qualities.
- Protected by Biothera’s intellectual property portfolio that includes more than 40 U.S. patents and patents pending, plus additional filings in more than 20 countries.
Wellmune WGP is available worldwide through Biothera and its distributors, including The E.T. Horn Company (U.S), DKSH (Europe) and Nippon Biothera (Japan, Korea). Wellmune WGP is a protected trademark globally and copyrighted in the U.S.
About the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT)
Founded in 1939, and with world headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, USA, the Institute of Food Technologists is a not-for-profit international scientific society with 22,000 individual members working in food science, technology and related professions in industry, academia and government. As the society for food science and technology, IFT brings sound science to the public discussion of food issues. For more information, visit www.IFT.org.
About Biothera, the Immune Health Company
Biothera is a biotechnology company dedicated to improving immune health. The company manufactures and markets food-grade ingredients that support healthy immune function to the functional food, nutritional supplement, cosmetic and animal nutrition markets. Biothera is also developing pharmaceuticals that engage the innate immune system to fight cancer. Other applications include hematopoiesis (production of blood cells) and infectious disease. Website: www.biotherapharma.com.
Biothera, the Immune Health Company